Are You In a Dip?
The longer you are in a dip the more overwhelmed you will feel. The first step is to determine if you are in a dip. Think of the project or task that you need to complete. Answer the following questions in relationship to this circumstance.
- Do you feel out of time? Why or What is making you feel that way?
- Do you feel out of money for the things you love?
- Are you feeling scared about taking the next step?
- Have you lost your passion or no longer feel serious about this?
- Have you lost interest or enthusiasm?
- Are you focused on the short term at the expense of the long term?
- Do you feel like you picked the wrong thing?
It’s likely that you will experience every single one of these circumstances—and many more that are not listed here—during your time at school. In order to maintain your energy and enthusiasm for school or for any project that is original and creative you must do the exact opposite. You must break the cycle that is driving you deeper into the dip. You must come up with at least three ways that you are going to:
- Maintain your time.
- Maintain your money.
- Be brave.
- Maintain your focus.
- Maintain your interest and enthusiasm.
- Focus on the long term.
- Keep picking things that teach you what you can be the best in the world at.
Write down your strategy here and get out of the dip.